[pct-l] Where do you put it?....Switchback knows best

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 08:12:17 CDT 2011

Afraid to Set the New Super Senior JMT Record Reinhold writes: I used to string....lost my food only once in 40 years....the trouble with stringing is most people don't know how to string properly.  Nowadays, due to regulations, unless I'm speed hiking, I carry a "can" for food and put mothballs on my pack, which I keep outside, unless it's raining, when hiking with my wife or the Scouts.  I like Switchback's method a lot....he puts his food bags on each side of his women.  No right minded bear or mouse would tangle with them neither.  Yes Sir, Switchback knows how to choose his women....he likes'm  "burly".
Switchback replies: Right, I am buying this.  You're selling but I am not buying.  "Unless I am speed hiking" --- you got to be kidding.  What speed hiking?  What hiking?  You are afraid of the JMT.  You are afraid to challenge Mother Nature for the new JMT Super Senior record.  Big bad Marine.  Give me a break.  This why you are an alternate for my record breaking 2013 PCT thru-hike and not a primary candidate to go with the hard-core team.  Currently, you are on the weak-core team.  Now Scott, he is on my hard-core 2013 candidate's team.