[pct-l] shoe size

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 12:05:25 CDT 2011

I was wondering if this was typical.  Since I began section hiking several years ago, I have gone from a 6.5 shoe size to size 8.  This is not just when hiking and my feet are swollen.  So, now when I by shoes to hike in, they have to be a 9 or 9.5 instead of the 7.5 or 8 that I used to buy.  Will I eventually be wearing bozo the clown shoes?  Has anyone experienced this increase in shoe size after taking up backpacking as a sport.  I thought I had read something about it before on the PCT-L, but can't remember if it was a permanent increase in shoe size.