[pct-l] Scott Williamson

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Oct 14 03:09:28 CDT 2011

Well,
He is back now where he belongs, in Michelle's arms.....he had been gone
to long.
His feet were beaten up quit bad and he lost a lot of weight but
otherwise he was in good spirit  and the same old very modest Scott.
We did our best to fatten him up a bit before shipping him back to Michelle.
It is back to work for Scott on Monday....he has tree trimming jobs
scheduled.
The funny thing, I jokingly asked Scott on Wednesday morning, the day
after he finished the PCT, you wan'a go for a walk?
He lit up like a Christmas tree and said....YES!!!
That surprised the heck out of me......he had just walked 2650 miles at
a record pace of 64 days, 11 hrs, and
19 minutes.
Well, we never got to go on that walk because Ed Zieralski, sports
editor for the San Diego Tribune came over for a 2 hour interview with
Scott.
The story will be in the Saturday paper.

What some people don't realize, is that Scott did his hike the hard way,
in a "true" backpacker fashion,...without a support  team, walking all
the way, never accepting a ride into town, no short cuts, going cold,
without a stove, hiking 41+ miles a day for 64+ days.

That is what I call........"HARD  CORE"   or   "HARD  TO  THE  CORE."
And with thirteen "thru-hikes" including two "yo-yo's" he is truly the
undeniable, unquestionable, undisputable, king of the PCT.
I will bow in his presence and may his reign last forever.

JM,T Reinhold