[pct-l] Weight Loss, Anorexia, and Sore Feet?

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:17:35 CDT 2011

Dear Mark,

I "discovered" those also at the "end" of my section hike.  Because my foot
really expanded on my JMT section hike, I bought those insoles along with a
pair of trail runners 2 sizes too big for this year's hike.  I went on some
practice hikes and my foot was moving all around in the shoe.  I think I
overdid the size.  So I put those shoes in my food drop for Big Bear and
just wore my old hikers for the first part of the trip, hoping for some
expansion.  The balls of my feet were hurting so bad by Big Bear, I could
hardly walk.  My feet felt great, however, when I wore those new insoles
with the new hikers.  The shoes were still too big but I did not experience
any more soreness on the balls of my feet for the rest of my section hike.

I AM going to try those insoles (smaller size) on my 2012 section hike (I
can only do section hikes until I retire).  I think those insoles might be
the answer to keep us going.  We need others to do more field testing
though.  I bought mine at Sport's Authority in CA   www.yoursole.com

Toga

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Mark Nienstaedt <mark.nienstaedt at gmail.com