[pct-l] I failed my thru hike this year!!!!!!

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 00:31:07 CDT 2011

I think I have to yell at Jeff on #2. I agree with starting slow, however for a thru-hike I think you should be conditioned before the start. Starting from Campo in a dry year at 6 miles a day may require you to carry 2 or 3 days worth of water from the start. That's a lot of weight to carry for someone with no conditioning who will also be adjusting to hiking in hot weather in a section that causes a lot of people problems.

Snap