[pct-l] 3 Proven Long Distance Hiking Methods

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Oct 19 10:42:39 CDT 2011

Say Switchback,
I don't think you ever have to worry about looking  "LEAN"  like JMT
Reinhold.
You always seem to look so well fed and calorie fortified.
As a matter of fact, you probably have enough "pre-stocked calories" to
make it all the way to Canada without carrying any food.
However, if you do not wish to lose those treasured "pre-stocked
calories" you could still thru the PCT fully unsupported, without
resupplies by utelizing one of my following three world famous hiking
methods.

1.  GATHERING....picking nuts & berries...along the way.

2.  GRAZING.....there are lots of meadows along the trail....you might,
however, have to carry a few nuts    to get you through the desert.

3.  CHICKENS ON A LEASH....this is my most famous method that is getting
rave review world wide.
You simply tie a few chickens to a leash and happily walk down the trail
with your food supply.
Fresh eggs in the morning, a chicken in the pot in the evening....lots
of protein...just what a hiker needs after a hard day on the trail...and
think how light your packs will be with food that walks.
Everybody knows that the secret to a happy hiker are a light pack and a
full belly.
No wonder "chickens on a leash is getting such rave review.

Word of caution....you must make sure that there is at least one
"Rooster"  in your flock to insure reproduction, so you don't run out of
chickens before you get to Canada.

JMT Reinhold
World renowned long distance hiking strategist