[pct-l] Damage Control

Charles Doersch charles.doersch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 07:59:26 CDT 2011

All in context.

According to Nobel-prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz: “The top 1
percent of Americans now take in roughly one-fourth of America’s total
income every year. In terms of wealth rather than income, . . . the top 1
percent now controls 40 percent of the total American wealth. This is new.
Twenty-five years ago, the corresponding figures were the top 1% took in 12
percent of the income and controlled 33 percent of the wealth.”

No economist -- not one -- among the top thousand or so economists in the
US, Europe, or Australia considers this healthy for an economy, a people, or
a future.

~Charles and the gang.

PS. Caveat: I foretell turbulence, however, if the pct-l moves toward
political commentary.