[pct-l] Boots

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Mon Oct 24 14:25:56 CDT 2011

On my 2009 thru hike I started wearing Solomon Trail Runners and wore them
until Cascade Locks.  I went to Portland REI and bought a pair of Garmont
boots that were gore-tex lined.  My feet smiled the rest of the way to
Manning.  They gave more protection and stability to my feet.  I had no
problems wearing trail runners in the snow and let's face it you're going to
be wet anyway.  Garmonts were a smidgeon over $200 but at that point worth
it.  Like Doug said it's all preference but don't be afraid to be flexible
and try something else if you feel it will help you get to your goal.