[pct-l] Top 20 hiker resupply locations...

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Tue Oct 25 16:38:43 CDT 2011

On 10/23/2011 7:31 PM, Scott Parks wrote:
>> I wonder how many dropped into Idyllwild anyway.
>
> Idyllwild was #24 on the list at 65%. 15% used Paradise Cafe and 8%
> used Cabazon. Combined that's 88% for resupply in the general/larger
> area. Paradise seems to be increasingly popular. Some hikers are
> getting off the trail at Idyllwild and going to the kick-off. They
> are not counted as their resupply location is unknown.

Are you counting places where a box was mailed, or places where a hiker
got off trail to obtain supplies?

If the former, then the fact that the Idyllwild post office is next door
to a perfectly good grocery store could be a factor as well.

It is not necessary to send a package to Idyllwild to resupply there.