[pct-l] Hiker killed by hunter

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Wed Oct 26 19:01:13 CDT 2011

While hiking near Echo Lake last month I ran into "Chase" an old buddy from
my 2009 thru hike.  He had adorned himself and his pack with strips of blaze
orange surveyors tape.  Lightweight but very effective.  I hadn't realized
it was hunting season and I felt a little naked until I finished.  And, I
saw no fewer than a dozen hunters.