[pct-l] Canister fuel re-supply

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Sat Oct 29 18:47:02 CDT 2011

I used a canister stove in 2010 and liked it. I often found discarded
partially used canisters in hiker boxes. It was not the re-supply
problem I thought it would be. I did have to have a friend send me a
canister to Snoqualmie Pass, but that was just from bad planning on my
part. I clued my friend into the regulations of mailing canisters, which
are available in other threads on pct-l.

I also use a pot cozy to save fuel. I have had problems with the
canister not working at temps below 35 degrees if it has been outside
the tent all night, but solve that by putting it in the bottom of my
sleeping bag at night and putting it inside the pot cozy to light it in
the morning. That solved the problem, which crops up more when the
canister has less fuel.

--Fireweed