[pct-l] 1,500 year old Sequoia takes a tumble

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Sun Oct 30 16:19:27 CDT 2011

Might have confused things by my previous inept attempt at a reply; I'll
restate.

Age old question that really comes down to the definition of sound :)
If we define sound as acoustic waves, then the answer is yes, a falling tree
makes a sound.
But if it is signals registering in the brain, then no, not if there are no
brains around.