[pct-l] Scott Williamson was part of a rescue on the PCT

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Sat Sep 3 12:39:46 CDT 2011

Is Bill From Yreka?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tortoise
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:43 AM
To: Acu4harmony
Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Scott Williamson was part of a rescue on the PCT

Will Bill and his family need financial support to cope with this accident?
Can we start a PayPal account or similar for us hikers to make
contributions? Or the specifics on where to mail donations?

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction is is expressly prohibited without
the express permission of the author.

On 2011.09.02 22:10, Acu4harmony wrote:

> Scott left me a message today and said the night crossed the boarder from
> OR to CA he rounded a bend on the trail and came across Bill Roberts lying
> on the ground completely gray and in shock with his girlfriend holding
> him, he had been thrown from his horse.  Another PCT hiker was there who
> happened to be a doctor (Thank goodness).  Scott, Bill's girlfriend and
> the other hiker help get Bill to an area where Bill could be airlifted to
> the hospital.  Scott said he had broke his pelvis, a leg and some ribs.
> Bill has taken care of that section of trail for years and Scott knows him
> very well.  Scott didn't get to bed till 12 midnight that night and was
> extremely shook up and from the sound in his voice is still shook up.
> Scott made up the miles the next day and is still on schedule to break his
> record.  I do not know any more facts about where Bill is now but Scott
> said he was OK.  Scott asked me to inform the PCT community.  :-(  Please
> send your prayers to Bill, his recove
ry
>    is going to be long and painful.
> Michelle

> All content is copyrighted. Reproduction is is expressly prohibited
> without the express permission of the author.

To unsubcribe, or change options visit: