[pct-l] Good News & Bad News & Big Kickback Campout Event

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Sep 6 03:48:49 CDT 2011

Switchback,
While you are at Horseshoe Meadow you should check out  Muir Lake which
is part of the Cottonwood Lakes and only about 4 miles from Horseshoe.
Muir Lake is on of those rare High Sierra lake ''Gems''  with a big
sandy beach.
Benson Lake is another one of those rare gems and is known as "The
Riviera of the High Sierra.

Word of caution.....I have seen hikers get altitude sickness just by
driving from sea level to 10,000 foot high Horseshoe Meadow the same day.

JMT Reinhold....aka  "River Rat"