[pct-l] OT: Favorite PCT or Hiking Videos

Rachel Dysart rachel_dysart at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 12:47:33 CDT 2011

Hello folks.  After a lovely morning of walking out in the woods scouting more locations to film I'm getting ideas on how people document their own hiking experience.  I've been currently using a GoPro with a head mount but the problem is the audio is poor and I want to capture the amazing sound of my feet walking on the trail.  I'm still working on a solution for that - I may have to have a separate digital recorder.

Anyone have favorite videos/slideshows to share?

I really enjoyed Lakewood's videos from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj85xICmAaU&feature=channel_video_title

This summer I camped in the Sequoia area with the family around the same time as the PCT thru hikers were making their way into the Kings Canyon area.  I was amazed to see how much water was coming from every part of the park.  I've been visiting this area for about 30 years now and I was impressed.

I took some video of the water roaring out of Kings:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MountainMomma4Ever?feature=mhee

Have a peaceful day and I look forward to hearing about how you like to document your hiking experience.

- MountainMomma