[pct-l] AFTER ACTION REPORT - Las Vegas Mountains

david woods dkwoods33 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:38:46 CDT 2011

I got the impression from his report that he actually carried his gear from
the car to his campsite site instead of just backing up to his tent spot and
dumping it all out of the trunk onto the ground. I think that qualifies it
as a training "hike".

>Message: 2
>Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:38:47 -0300
>From: Brick Robbins <brick at brickrobbins.com>
>Subject: Re: [pct-l] AFTER ACTION REPORT - Las Vegas Mountains
>      Expedition
>To: Hootie Martin <hootie2006 at gmail.com>
>Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net
>
>I think he hid in the report, that it was car camping
>
>On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Hootie Martin <hootie2006 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey Switchback,
> Nice after action report, but there really isn't much action identified.
> How bout mileage walked during this expedition? ?Was this a backpacking
> expedition or a car-camping expedition? ?Hard to tell from your report.

Switchback wrote:
"As I pull out of the parking space the view in my rear view mirror of
my campsite and picnic table fade into the distance."

so it was car camping, cleverly hidden.

> ?So,
> when do you expect to actually begin serious training for your big 2013
> thru-hike attempt?

It will be very very cold when Switchback does serious training beyond
12oz curls :-)

Someplace very warm would have to freeze over first, and I'm not
talking about snow at Scissors Crossing.

<grin>