[pct-l] How to put on your backpack

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Sep 14 22:50:25 CDT 2011

I started doing this in the '80s when another hiker showed me. I was using
an A16 external frame pack with the wrap-around wings.

I do look around to make sure I haven't lost anything out or didn't put it
back in. I keep the side pockets cinched down to make sure water bottles
don't come out on the trail. And most stuff in the rear pocket is attached
by lanyards to the pack also to avoid potential loss. I lost or left behind
a GoLite umbrella a couple years ago so it now has a lanyard when I'm
carrying it.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author.