[pct-l] Talk Like A Pirate Day

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Sep 19 21:23:24 CDT 2011

I almost forgot the wish everyone a happy Talk Like A Pirate Day today.  I know everyone has a little trail dust and pirate in them.  Don't forget the big full moon Kickback campout on October 11-12 at Horseshoe Meadow (out of Lone Pine, CA) at 10,000 feet.  You can park right next to your campsite.

It should be real cold and scary at that altitude in October.  I have two rooms in my new tent, so I will let others crowd in to the other room if they get too scared in the big bad boogie land of the deep Sierras.  I bought a new Therm-O-Rest XL Dreamland sleeping pad.  It weighs 7.5 pounds.  Not bad for the comfort it provides.  Unbelievable.  I am putting it on my new XL REI lounger.

The Kickback will be an excellent opportunity to get in some final PCT deep Sierra trail time before cabin fever sets in.

Your humble and obedient servant,

Switchback the Trail Pirate