[pct-l] Most Common Causes of Thru-Dropout

Jeff Judd frotiss_lupus at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 13:02:27 CDT 2011

I just want to give a gargantuan thank you to everyone who responded to this inquiry both on and off list.  You've all given me a wealth of different angles from which to consider this undertaking.  Your personal experiences will be very helpful in examining my psyche on trail I think.  It all comes down to the individual it seems like.  By which I mean both individual fitness and proneness to injury, and the mindset one has both going into it and on trail.  All we can ever do is plan and prepare to the fullest extent possible, then understand that the best laid schemes of mice and men oft go awry.

With that being said I think my wife and I definitely need to get some additional experience on snow travel and stream crossings.  We don't get the chance to practice that much here in San Diego.  Also, whoever it was that gave me the advice to train as much as possible on long, uneven terrain to help my joints and ligaments become more resistant to repetitive motion injuries, that was a gem.

Much love,

Jeff