[pct-l] DSLR Camera

pct-l at hradecky.net pct-l at hradecky.net
Sun Apr 1 14:17:29 CDT 2012

I plan to take a Fuji X100 on the PCT with me this year. It is not a DSLR,
but has an APS-C size sensor and takes pictures as good or better than my
Nikon D90 DSLR. It has a fixed f/2.0 23mm lens (35mm full-frame
equivalent). To me this is a plus - the fixed lens was designed to match
the sensor for the best image quality without the compromises of zoom
lenses, and I don't use long focal lengths much anyways. The f/2.0 aperture
is wider than any Nikon DSLR zoom lens I know of. The camera+lens weigh
14.5 oz. I also got a Sony VCL-ECF1 0.62x fisheye converter (5oz) which
attaches to the X100 with a 52mm-49mm step down ring. There is a slight
loss of image quality with the converter, but it is still quite good, and
gives almost 180 degree diagonal field of view with some fisheye distortion
which is easily corrected in DxO optics Pro. I have a 0.3oz Zeikos SD card
reader and 0.2oz female USB A to micro USB adapter to download pictures
from the SD card onto my Galaxy Nexus using the Stickmount app. From there
I plan to offload my photos to Dropbox or such whenever I have wifi.

Message: 8