[pct-l] Coyote Rob Triple Crown Attempt

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:13:54 CDT 2012

Glad to hear he is heading to the AT - I cringed when I read his initial
plans about going to Manning, all I could think about was a SAR event -  it
was just going to make conditions even worse.  Agreed about thru hiking
being much more than an endurance event.

Not that it can't be done - but I always smile, nod, and bite my
tongue when I hear someone that has never hiked a long trail start out
trying to break records or do something extremely rare and difficult like a
yo-yo, or in this case a triple crown in one year.

Not to say an inexperienced person can't do these - but even for an
experienced hiker there is a bit of luck required, and having the skill set
that can only be learned while doing it, adds greatly to that luck.

Day-Late