[pct-l] Is the iPhone 4S the only camera you need?

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:23:10 CDT 2012

I have a 3S and the images are just ok.  Lately Ive been having troubles
with condensation so you might want to look into some troubleshooting tips
before leaving.

Aside from the fact that you have one multipurpose device (gps, email,
phone, camera ,  mp3) , I think its utility will make you have it somewhere
more accessible then a camera.  Whne I hiked the At, I had my camera stored
in my backpack so I wouldn't always bother to stop to take a good shot if I
was tired or in a hurry.

  With the Iphone, I have it stored ina hip belt pocket within easy reach.

There is an added benefit of being able to post to facebook or other sites
as soon as you get a wifi signal.

Maybe not the best choice for "artistic" shots but I.m more interested in
catching memories.

I'd also second the previous post that recommended capturing random video
of hiker life, trail angels, characters you meet on the trail, etc..

Towards the end I started taking lots of pictures of food which were, in
retropspct, kind of boring.
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Scott "Squatch" Herriott <yetifan7 at gmail.com