[pct-l] Lost Hiker Found

William A. Chavez wctrekker at dslextreme.com
Fri Apr 6 09:13:32 CDT 2012

You guys might recall a young thru, Brandon White, a few years back
(2008) who carried a SPOT at the insistence of his parents.  He had
agreed to send a "I'm OK" message each evening but forgot to around
Highway 74.  His parents called the Forest Service and asked if there
was a way they could help without a full SAR event.  But that was
exactly what happened.  When he was found somewhere in or around Big
Bear city his trail mates named him "Hoffa".  He kept a great journal
and here is the link to his "discovery" on the trail:

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=230662

Bill