[pct-l] Mike Herrera and option from Idyllwild/Saddle Junction to continue North on the trail

SLogan adslogan at comcast.net
Thu Apr 5 15:37:12 CDT 2012

Is Mike Herrera hosting PCT hikers this year?  Also, as I am finalizing my
plans & drop boxes for my hike and am very confused coming out of Idyllwild.
I am using Yogi’s Trail Tips & Town Guide along with ½ miles maps.  I was
planning to hike back to Saddle Junction on the same trail I took into
Idyllwild from there, there are 4 options, too many for me, I don’t know the
area.  Yogi recommends the San Jacinto loop, does anyone have information on
the water availability and snow level on the loop.  I think I will be in
Idyllwild May 13 – 16th.  This is my first time hiking the PCT and first
time hiking in California.  Help is always appreciated; I like to learn from
those who have gone before me.  Thanks, Logan