[pct-l] lost hiker found

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Fri Apr 6 11:55:16 CDT 2012

On 4/5/2012 9:10 PM, Bryan Burger wrote:

> I have actually been working on a website that makes it easy for
> folks to leave the right information for their family/friends that
> are responsible for taking action should something happen.

Just some notes that might be helpful as you move forward....

My (hopefully someday to be ex) wife used to be very paranoid about me
going hiking. She would have me leave her the following information:

Where I was going.
The exact name of the trail.
Trailhead where the car would be parked.
Jurisdiction over the area I was hiking in (Ranger district, etc.)
When I planned to be home.
When to actually start worrying.
Who to call if I did not make it home.

I usually also gave her some idea of the equipment/supplies I was
carrying, such as how much food and water, and what kind of weather I
was prepared for.