[pct-l] Jmt maps

Katie Muilenburg katiedm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:15:56 CDT 2012

Halfmile's maps are definitely all you need.  My primary group got through
with as many "where are we? where is the trail?"s as we would have if we'd
had other maps. Damn snow.  Less snow = less "where are we?"s.   I remember
Halfmile maps showing both the Whitney side trip and the route out over
Kearsarge.  The Harrison maps are realllly nice and fun to look at (because
they're shiny and shaded), but no, I don't think you *need* them.  :)

However, if you want to take the side trip to finish the JMT and go over to
HalfDome, it would be nice to have the last map in Harrison's set. You can
buy the Harrison JMT maps at the ranger station at Tuolumne.

-Bubbles

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM, seeleylisa at gmail.com