[pct-l] Judge suspends horse packing in national parks(Sequoia-Kings)

James Vesely JVesely at edmsupply.com
Mon Apr 9 08:54:04 CDT 2012

I would have to agree lets use a little more common sense and a little less hyperbola.

I thing the decision to make commercial restrictions on wilderness areas was one of the finest moments in the history of our government.  One can easily imagine what it would be like if helicopters were allowed to fly up and down Yosemite Valley or what it would be like to be camping at a pristine high altitude lake with helicopters coming and going dropping people and supplies off.

Whoever follows pct-l I would think is a lover of the wild and scenic outdoors should be grateful to the "liberal" groups like the Sierra Club, HSHA and PCTA for what they did and are doing.   If saving wildness areas is liberal then we should all ware the badge proudly and really "well funded radicals?" give me a break, compared to the well funded commercial real estate, oil/gas, coal, lumber interests the environmental movement funding is minimal.

And watch what you say about US presidents I am sure the liberal FDR took a lot of flak about dedicating 18 national monuments by the end of his term but can you imagine our country without them?  If not for liberal and progressive thinking we wouldn't have national parks, national monuments or any wilderness areas to enjoy today.  Don't fail to see the forest through the trees!

Jim