[pct-l] Hiking with the herd

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 17:55:33 CDT 2012

> I want to section hike section D with the herd. When do you suggest I start?

ADZ is the last weekend in April...
I would say the 'average' is slightly over 4 weeks to get to Agua Dulce (end of Section D) from Campo -
so that would be about Memorial Day (May 28th)...
Section D is ~112.5 miles from Cajon Summit to Agua Dulce...
Depending on how many miles per day you plan to walk - work 'backwards' to figure your start date...
A week one way or the other will probably still have a 'herd' feel to it with plenty of thrus around on the trail...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)