[pct-l] Judge suspends horse packing in national parks (Sequoia-Kings)

Greg Hummel bighummel at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 16:47:10 CDT 2012

In comments I submitted on a public hearing for a new strategic plan for Devil's Postpile, I pointed out that not only do the commercial packers pound the soft volcanic ash beds there into a fine dust, but that dust is pure silica and can cause serious health problems for anyone inhaling it, as anyone who has worked with glass can tell you. Funny, but the summary of public comments didn't say anything about this serious issue.

Greg Hummel

“Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks in the world”
								― Forest Gump