[pct-l] storing food

Rod Belshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 00:42:03 CDT 2012

Trash compactor bags also seem odor-proof.

I remember one night on the trail in Washington where mice were a constant
problem.  I had my food in individual ziplocks, which were then in freezer
gallon ziplocks, which were then in a trash compactor bag, and then one more
trash compactor bag.  The bag was sitting under my tarp tent and a mouse
went in to find the food, knowing humans always have some.  He sniffed
around and couldn't find it.  Then, seemingly to get a good vantage point he
scampered on top of the food bag and stood up on his hind legs looking in
every direction to figure out where the food might be.  Discouraged, he
hoped off and ran away.

Steady Sr.