[pct-l] Scissors Crossing Fire

Stephen Hofmeyr stevehofmeyr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:06:52 CDT 2012

I'm hiking at the moment and was about 10 miles away, but some hikers i met
who saw it happen from higher up. There was a lot of dead very dry bush,
and it was a very hot day. It seemed to have started about 200 yds on the
other side of the bridge to the PCT. They didn't see anybody near when it
started, they seem to think it was a fire just waiting to happen, and i
would agree. It could have been anything but to say it was hikers would be
silly, knowing how hot that day was.