[pct-l] Public Announcement - 2013 Thru-Hike

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 20:24:05 CDT 2012

I would like to announce a new feature of the Pirate's Lair at the 2012 Kickoff in a few weeks.  I will be accepting hiking resumes and interviewing for my 2013 PCT thru-hike next year after the 2013 Kickoff.  The south-north record will be smashed.  Doing 30-40 miles per day is a joke.  I want people who will say after a 45 mile day, "Hey, this is weak!  Why are we stopping so soon?  We can go on headlamps and get in another 10 miles."

So, stop by and see if you are good and tough enough to be part of TEAM SWITCHBACK ---- no weakies or cry babies.  No, "I want to come off the trail because it has been raining hard everyday for a week.", types.  I want the folks who say, "Say, these big thunderstorms really energize me and make me want to stay out here forever."  And folks who say, "May be we could Yo-yo the trail when we get to get Canada and set another record."

I thank you.

Switchback the Trail Pirate