[pct-l] fuel shipment via priority mail was rejected by USPS

Robert Henry rrh.henry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 20:12:13 CDT 2012

I was under the impression that I could ship 8oz of fuel via USPS
Priority Mail in a box appropriately labeled, including an ORM-D
sticker, and saying "surface mail" to the clerk (the box was not
labeled surface mail/consumer commodity: my mistake).

The postal clerk just now rejected the box because "all priority mail
goes by air: you have to repackage this in a box which is not a
priority mail box and send it via normal ground mail".  So I trudged
home and am now sending this email to see what the experts here know
-:)

Robert Henry
Seattle