[pct-l] what is the best way to carry Heet?

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Thu Apr 19 13:09:49 CDT 2012

On 4/19/2012 11:43 AM, Vicky Mattson wrote:
> I am switching to an alcohol stove this summer. I will need to carry
> quite a bit for the 3 people I am feeding.  What is the best bottle
> type to carry?

Something that does not look like your water bottle. Use the Heet
bottle, or a 16 oz pop/water bottle. Some people like to use a pop
bottle with a red cap to make it obvious that it isn't your water bottle.

If you are cooking for 3, you may want to make plans in case your group
breaks up at some point on the trail. I would suggest everyone carry
their own fuel. If you do that, nobody should ever have to carry more
than 16 ounces. Depending on how many hot meals you prepare each day, 12
ounce capacity per person may be plenty.