[pct-l] Southbound from Canada into Washington

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:01:18 CDT 2012

That's a really good question...If you cross into the United States
illegally from Canada on the PCT, would you be able to drive back into
Canada again at a border crossing station) since their wouldn't be
documentation that you had left Canada in the first place?  I can imagine a
border guard saying..."You's in a heap-a-trouble-boy...seems like you's on
the wrong side of this here fence".
So, the new procedure for the would-be illegal border crossers and
thru-hikers is to start at Manning Park (probably in June), hike to Mexico
(arriving in November I suppose), hitch-hike back to northern Washington,
snow-shoe to Hart's pass which is probably closed to traffic that time of
year...snow shoe another 37 miles to Manning Park (being careful to sweep
their snow-shoe prints as they cross the border at night), and then finally
return legally (sort of) via an established border crossing station.
Hmmm...that's kind of a pain in the ___.  Fortunately, it'll be 4:20 soon.
 Cheers.

Devon