[pct-l] PCT FAG

Ken Murray kmurray at pol.net
Sat Apr 21 10:49:13 CDT 2012

So, if "PCT FAG" still bothers you, my suggestion is go spend some
time on the trail.  Meet a lot of new people.  Get to know them, with
an open mind and heart.

Matt, your sentiment about tolerance is certainly agreeable, but your understanding of context is not.

You write as though "fag" is simply a term that is used do denote orientation.  It is not.

It IS a derogatory and offensive epithet, generally used to insult and demean people. It is NOT a neutral discriptive.
It is generally equivalent to "PCT" Gook or Nigger.....both of which I find highly offensive, and have difficulty typing.

Wearing deliberately offensive terms is NOT done for self-identification.  It is done to make people feel uncomfortable, not to engender acceptance.  It IS a "fuck you" statement.......
Just like disrobing in a public place. (the notice of which I agree belongs elsewhere)

I would suggest that if such terms do NOT bother you, you actually have the issues with an open mind and heart, and lack of sensitivity to people that often have a much heavier cross to carry than yourself.