[pct-l] Sierra Solo

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Apr 22 09:14:48 CDT 2012

Good morning,

I second Palomino’s comments about *Angles in the Wilderness*.  At the ’07
ALDHA-West Gathering at Sierra Pines Amy was the keynote speaker.
http://www.aldhawest.org/gather2007.html

To me Amy’s story is not about disaster; rather it's a cautionary tale of
how an experienced person, doing substantially everything right, can get
into – and eventually out of -- a bad situation.

The take-away for me is this:  Every time I get into an uber-lite mood and
begin pitching gear from my already-meager list, I pick up my small – but
incredibly loud and shrill – athletic whistle, and after remembering Amy, I
put it back where it belongs in my belt pouch.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/