[pct-l] Fw: Desert Water Capacity?

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sun Apr 22 15:08:11 CDT 2012

On 4/22/2012 1:55 PM, Bill Chavez wrote:
> It doesn't matter how many water sources there are or how much water
> you carry if you don't drink it.  I have had problems with
> dehydration and heat exhaustion and I was carrying enough water to
> get me through those situations. I didn't ever feel thirsty or feel
> ill, until it was too late.  I thought I knew what I was doing but
> obviously I was wrong.  Thankfully there were others around who
> recognized my symptoms and saw I was in distress.

I think this brings up a good point. However you carry your water, you
need to have a way to make it easily available. Be able to drink while
you walk, whether it is a tube, or a water bottle caddy or something
else you have rigged up. If you have to drop your pack to get a drink,
you won't drink enough.