[pct-l] I found freeze dried tofu!

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:26:58 CDT 2012

Dear dicentra

It says "naturally freeze dried".  This is an ancient technique to make dry
tofu, named "Koyadofu". It was named, because the priest in the temples of
Mt. Koya frequently made this dry tofu, since they cannot eat meats.

Koyadofu looks like yellow blocks, absorbs water slowly, and when it
contained water, it is harder than the real tofu. So we cook them. or cast
into soup.

The real tofu is soft and delicate. It can be tasted with a bit of soy
source.  The real frieze dry tofu is invented recently and it may be
obtained only in Japan.  The real frieze dry tofu becomes real soft white
tofu, when it contained water, and it can be eatable without cooking.

You are a talented cooker, you can cook dry tofu as you like it. But you
need to know the difference of Koyadofu and Tofu.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )