[pct-l] Average Pack Weight on PCT

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:36:44 CDT 2012

Have to agree with Bill and Shon.  I think the

*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition
(DSM-IV)*

should be updated to include hikers with backpack image distortion issues.

All kidding aside, if your hiking the PCT, your pack weight will be going
up and down so much with food and water, that a couple of pounds won't be
discernible after you've gotten your trail legs.

Its a long hike:  try to give yourself some leeway for a few luxury items.
No point in hiking like a miserable monk for month on end.