[pct-l] I found freeze dried tofu!

Janet Grossman janetgr at Cableone.net
Sat Apr 28 09:26:22 CDT 2012

When I was doing the AT back in 1979, my mom added two different kinds
of tofu to some mail drops for me. One was actual freeze-dried tofu that
looked like hunks of sponge, and we soaked it and added it to a stir-fry
of veggies right after the town stop. The other was a little packet of
powder that we mixed with water and let sit in our cook pot and it
solidified into really delicious soft, fresh tofu. I'm thinking she must
have found these in an Asian market back then, but she has Alzheimer's
and can't remember such things now. We don't have any Asian markets
where I live now, and the one big one I've visited when in the big city
doesn't carry any sort of dried tofu.
Janet