[pct-l] Food Costs

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Apr 28 16:45:52 CDT 2012

Good afternoon, Matt,

There are a few cost-related comments at:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=166392

The figure I mention was in ’06 dollars and will be higher now.  Obviously,
much depends upon how high-on-the-hog you intend to eat.

It's possible to get by pretty cheaply by eating oatmeal most of the time,
but there's a risk:  Years ago, one thru-hike aspirant tried to get by
packing only soy powder and instant milk.  She subsequently became so tired
the stuff that she took opportunities along the trail to trade her body for
palatable food.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/