[pct-l] When I Get Old...thruing the PCT in style..."The JMT Reinhold Way"

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Aug 1 03:36:17 CDT 2012

Big Hummel wrote:
I'm gonna get one of those and re-hike the trail in it! Only 6.2 pounds
at this point of development.
Reinhold writes:
Big Hummel, you got this all wrong and backwards.
Older folks should not be adding more weight....they should lighten up.
When I get old I will thru the PCT in style...the "Old Timer" one and
only way...the "JMT Reinhold way".
I mean we "Old Timers" we earned it...we tamed the trails, when Saber
Toothed Tigers roamed the trails and the bones of hikers littered the
trails, so the current crop can hike the trail safely.
Read my below 4/16/2009 post how old folks should thru the trail....THEY
EARNED IT"!!!