[pct-l] update: Chips Fire explodes

Joe Robinson joe at joerphoto.com
Thu Aug 2 17:15:18 CDT 2012

This is causing big problems for PCT hikers. The pct is closed north of 70 and the forest service is suggesting nobo hikers hitch to Chester and rejoin the trail at hwy 36, missing about 45 miles.

I hiked down the switchbacks into Belden last night and the fire was HUGE- I could hear it from across the valley. Only 3% contained with over 400 firefighters and wind on the way. Not something to mess with.

Hollywood