[pct-l] permits in Oregon?

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Fri Aug 3 22:48:27 CDT 2012

There are two places along the Oregon PCT that have limited entry permits, which is the Obsidian Area of Three Sisters Wilderness and the Shale Lake area of Mt Jefferson Wilderness.  Technically, without the limited entry permit you aren't supposed to go there for day or overnight trips.  If you don't have a thru-hiking permit, they usually don't have an issue with PCT hikers as long as you don't camp in those areas.  You can google the Willamette National Forest for info on the boundaries.