[pct-l] Any tent spot near the beginning of Oregon Section B?

Maxine Weyant weyantm at msn.com
Wed Aug 8 12:06:40 CDT 2012

I hiked it last year SOBO and recall a flat spot where about 4 hikers were setting up their tents just to my left.  It was an open area right next to the trail, not a desirable campsite in my book, but it looked like the last spot before I hiked down to the road, where I caught a ride up to Callahan's instead of hiking next to the road.  I'm not sure how many miles it was from Callahan's, probably between 4-7.  This is a section of the trail where NOBO people are actually heading south and east, and the campsite would be on your right after you pass a bunch of switchbacks.  It's definitely before you get to Pilot Rock.
Dys-feng shui-nal