[pct-l] Rae Lakes Loop

Blanchard, Sym SWB3 at pge.com
Fri Aug 10 12:15:55 CDT 2012

Hi Puddles,

I just finished the Rae Lakes Loop trail last weekend (as well as Mt. Whitney).

Lots of water available all along the way right on the trail.  It is recommended to treat the water, but it all looked rather clear and copious.  Depending on your hiking style, think you could get away with carrying only 1 to 2 liters at a time.

The trail tread is very good even towards the top of Glen Pass.  The trek up to the top Mt. Whitney is a different story.

The weather was great except for a few short thunderstorms.

Enjoy,
Symbiosis
Message: 2