[pct-l] Hiking Solitude

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Sat Aug 11 13:15:57 CDT 2012

Don't think that the PCT is the only long distance hike around, especially
if you are looking for solitude.

The CDT sounds as if it still has its solitude. And an order of magnitude
less hikers than the PCT.

The Arizona Trail is now complete and has few through hikers. It also has
heat and water problems, and has a growing number of water caches and trail
angels. But it is not yet a crowd scene.

The Idaho Centennial Trail has a handful of through hikers total. It has
gorgeous mountain scenery and a stretch of waterless desert.  It also passes
through 4 very small towns in approx 800 miles making resupply interesting.

Utah has some beautiful red rock trails to hike.

If you are looking for solitude the west has some great trails for you.

Ken
www.GottaWalk.com