[pct-l] Hiking Wardrobe

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Aug 9 12:37:27 CDT 2012

[pct-l] Hiking Wardrobe

What is the matter Switchback,....doesn't Mrs. Switchback let you use
those fuzzy pink camp slippers anymore?
You probably got them all beat-up and dirty on the trail.
Why don't you just buy "Long Suffering Mrs. Switchback" another pair?
You have to treat your women right Switchback.....like I do.

Did you say  "INNOCENCE"?
I assume that means you gave up raiding and plundering innocent hikers.
I am proud of you Switchback....you have finally seen the light.
This is good news for the trail community.

JMT Reinhold
Your equally innocent trail companion who treats his women right
---------------------------]
Switchback replied:
You are delusional.
I wear only white on the trail for radiation protection.
And it also denotes my purity and innocence.
---------------------------
Reinhold replied:
Yes Jon,
I also like to hike in style.
My hiking wardrobe consists of the finest garments available at fashion
trend stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army and St. Vincent De Paul.
And, at .50 cents for shorts, .75 cents for shirts and $1-2 for jackets,
I don't have to get nervous about rolling around in the dirt with them.
Besides,...."DIRT IS GOOD FOR YOU"...any dirty hiker will tell you that.
As a matter of fact,  "DIRT"  is what distinguishes "HIKER TRASH" from
wanna'be hikers.

You will never see me prancing around the trail in $100 shirts or $200
jackets like Switchback.
Switchback looks like he just stepped out of a fashion design store.
I mean you should see him when he comes strutting down the trail in his
black lingerie, fuzzy pink camp slippers, hands free umbrella, solar
powered fan and reflector tape.
He is a sight to see......I mean he is a real show stopper!!!
Even the bears get real nervous when they see him.
Makes us dirty "hiker trash" real jealous.

JMT Reinhold
Your jealous trail companion
Jon wrote:
John I use Gortex jackets my wife makes me........

For pants I use a pair of REI Event gortex pants I picked up and the
Salvation Army thrift store for $5 .... still had the original REI $99
price tag on them.
'ti later
Jon Marysville WA