[pct-l] AsABat RIP

Greg Hummel bighummel at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 17:33:38 CDT 2012

We, the organizers of the ADZPCTKO, wish to express our deep shock, sorrow and sadness upon hearing the news of the passing of Bill "AsABat" Jeffrey. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and his wife, Cindy.

Bill joined the ADZ organizers in the early years of the event and brought a high energy and deep passion for the PCT to all he did. He handled emergency communications for the event and showed a cool, calm response to several "lost or missing" hiker reports over the years.  He helped with AV, local logistics, and many other important aspects of the event, as well as serving on the board of directors.

His innovative online southern California water report brought him a PCTA award and recognition.

He passed doing what he and all of you love to do; hiking.  He will be sorely missed and forever in our memories and prayers.

Greg Hummel

"I'm afraid of nothing and scared of everything"- GNH